POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't get this mapped properly. : Re: Can't get this mapped properly. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get this mapped properly.
From: Jon B
Date: 21 Jul 2002 23:31:50
Message: <3D3B7C7F.1020905@indecisions.org>
hughes b wrote:
> Should just be a matter of using a planar image_map, unless you're seeing
> too much distortion from curvature.  And that's a real possibility since
> your scene script shows the sphere isn't flattened out any.
> Getting the image_map on there is simple enough, just needs centering,
> scaling and rotating.
>
> texture {
>     pigment {
>         image_map {
>             sys "help-1.bmp" // gif is not supported in v3.5
>             once // prevent tiling
>             interpolate 2 // smoother
>             }
>         translate -0.5
>         scale <1,1,1> // however needed to fit
>         rotate 90*x // to place onto y plane
>     }
> }
>
> This texture needs to overlay the underlying one, layered texture-style,
> second place. You could put the texturing into the union of the whole object
> since it is all centered on the y axis.
>
> If you are going to need uv mapping or a uv warp, so that the surface is
> conformed to better, I think someone else will have to advise you on that.
> Or just look it up in the v3.5 scene help.

Thank you so much for the guidence :-)

http://www.hostriot.com/072002/help-3.png

I used PNG transparency to get it out correctly and scaled it to the
right size so that that for the "Player 2" start button I can hopefully
figure out a way to get a second one in there (Maybe do another image
map but with another figure side by side).

Thanks a bunch, you've been more than just helpful :-D

-Jon