POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Templates problem : Re: Templates problem Server Time
18 May 2024 02:49:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Templates problem
From: Tom Stone
Date: 21 Jul 2002 19:39:54
Message: <3D3B45E4.EAF3D75B@swipnet.se>
I made a small test scene, adding the following from the template window:
//---------------------------------------------------------------
#include "colors.inc"  // Standard Color definitions
#include "textures.inc"  // Standard Texture definitions

sphere {
  <0, 1, 0> // center of sphere <X Y Z>
  0.5       // radius of sphere
  texture{pigment{Red}}
}
// perspective (default) camera
camera {
  location  <0.0, 2.0, -5.0>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
  right     x*image_width/image_height
}
// create a regular point light source
light_source {
  0*x                  // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1,1,1>    // light's color
  translate <-20, 40, -20>
}
//--------------------------------------------------------------------

This rendered as it should.
So, after the first rendering, I tried to add a box to the scene, but the
template window refused to work. So I quitted POV-ray and started it again. The
templates worked again.
So I added the box and rendered the scene again, which worked, but the following
message appeared in the message window:

"Writing Mac Picture file failed (Error code -194 for internal use only!). "

And after the rendering the templates was unavailable again.

(Btw, an odd thing: This scene doesn't use any animation, or clock. But the
message window says:

- Initial Frame..       2  Final Frame....       2
-  Initial Clock..   1.000  Final Clock....   1.000

...should the frame number really be 2?)

I've repeated it a few times, and the templates seems to stop working after the
first rendering.

A few times there have been strange "Memory"-something files appearing, which I
haven't looked much at since everything has rendered as it should. But perhaps
that has something to do with this problem?
So I tried one of the included scene files, the "math.pov" from the inc-demo
folder. Here I got the following message in the message window:

"Memory leakage detected, see file 'Memory.Log' for list
4 bytes reclaimed"

And sure, next to the "math.pov" file was a Memory.Log file, that said:
File:  POV_MEM.CPP  Line: 836  Size:4

These memory.log files have been appearing a few times. I just found one that
appeared a few days ago.
Perhaps not useful, since I don't remember what I did when it appear, but I'm
including the contents of that memory.log file anyway:
File:  POV_MEM.CPP  Line: 836  Size:4
File:    WARPS.CPP  Line: 840  Size:264
File:   COLOUR.CPP  Line: 282  Size:16
File:  EXPRESS.CPP  Line:2923  Size:64