POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Koch Curve 3d (30k jpg) : Re: Koch Curve 3d (30k jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Koch Curve 3d (30k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 17 Jul 2002 13:53:03
Message: <3D35AEF9.3030307@caltel.com>
Okay, I finally got a codec bundle that actually wanted to install. Nice
animations, although they both seem like nearly the same thing. New
iterations seem to be added too late around the edges of the object, too.

When I tried last night to make an *actual* Koch3d Curve, I ended up
with a box shape with a regular (boring) cross-hatched pattern all over
it. It went away and turned into something more interesting if I scaled
each iteration by less than 0.5.

My 3d object wasn't meant to be a literal translation of the Koch Curve,
it was merely meant to build up the 2d Koch Curve. I should have used a
different subject title, I suppose :). All my attempts to make the real
3d Koch Curve form a 2d one have so far failed.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom