POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fun with mirrors (174kb) : Re: Fun with mirrors 2 (279kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with mirrors 2 (279kb)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 16 Jul 2002 14:28:53
Message: <3D3465E0.9030001@caltel.com>
Neat animation. Did you use two trace statements to get the beam to
bounce off the mirrors and stop at the more diffuse objects?

I've got a couple suggestions, since the beam is a little hard to see:
  -dim the lights in the room
  -give the cylinders an emitting media with a cylindrical density. The
density pattern can be rotated using the Reorient_Trans macro, I think.

Now if you're a real glutton for punishment, you can introduce convex
mirrors and substitute some of the cylinders for cones :)

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom