POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape... WIP? (86k jpg) : Re: Landscape... WIP? (86k jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape... WIP? (86k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 12 Jul 2002 14:07:01
Message: <3D2F1AC3.2080708@caltel.com>
Hi Hugo. I place the area_lights according to how the sunlight falls. I
first place the sunlight, then I see where the brightest lit patch is. I
put the second area_light right near that lit patch and try to
approximate the width/breadth of it. I make this light about 1/2 to
3/4ths as bright as the original sunlight, usually. I also add a little
of the lit patch's color to the light. Next, if it's an outdoor scene(
on Earth), I make a blue area_light and place it in such a way as to
give the impression blue light could only come from that direction. In
this scene I made it look like the sky could only shine effectively from
direction <1,1,1>. If I would have placed a reflective sphere in the
center of the image, you would see blue sky directly behind, and that
would ruin the effect.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom