POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : blah... : Re: blah... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blah...
From: David Fontaine
Date: 11 Jul 2002 23:43:25
Message: <3D2E51BC.1000606@faricy.net>
Slime wrote:

> That'll do it.
>
> BTW, I'm also using a laptop with an LCD screen which has what I believe to
> be a gamma of 1, so images *always* seem a little too bright to me. But it
> seems that this one actually has large areas of rgb(1,1,1) =)

Some vids will let you apply a gamma correction.  Actually, my CRT is a
little bright, so I put a 0.9 gamma correction on my desktop.  For some
reason though, if the monitor goes on standby and comes back, the gamma
resets to 1.0 and if I want it back I have go to the advanced display
settings and click the Color tab...

--
  | \     |_         website: http://davidf.faricy.net/
  |_/avid |ontaine           email: <dav### [at] faricynet>