POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 4 dim. data field : Re: 4 dim. data field Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4 dim. data field
From: Plum C
Date: 10 Jul 2002 17:18:43
Message: <3D2CB34E.7030007@cpfs.mpg.de>
Dear Peter and Christopher,

thank you very much for your help. I try to clear up the misunderstanding:

I've calculated a data field with a scientific program. For
each point (x,y,z) in space I've got a value, for example
a temperature.

What I want is a plot with all points of the same value,
which built up an isosurface. I didn't mean the function
"isosurface" of povray, because I don't have an algebr.
function, but experimental respectively otherwise calculated
data points.

Example:
========

http://www.cpfs.mpg.de/departments/projects/cbv/index.html
(The small picture)

Today I've found a solution of Mr. Suzuki, who wrote his own
library file:

   equpotsurface
   {
      box <1, 1, 1> <9.0, 9.0, 9.0>
      eval
      library   "ep_dat3d","test1.dat", <10,10,10,0>
      function       "data_3D_3", <1.0> // 3rd order intp.
//     function  "data_3D_1",<1.>   // 1st order intp.
//     max_gradient 1.4
      threshold -0.3
    }

So I could use the povray-version together with the extensions
of Mr. Suzuki - or one of you knows a solution with povray 3.5...

Again: Thank you very much!