POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Traunslucency Without Media MIP : Re: Traunslucency Without Media MIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Traunslucency Without Media MIP
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Jul 2002 14:04:55
Message: <3D2C773D.1010907@caltel.com>
Glad to see you're still posting here, Dave :) Have you tried this trick
using cylinders, cones and torii in csg operations yet? Those objects
should take well to linear transformations, as opposed to blobs and
isosurfaces which may give strange results using this technique.

Dave Dunn wrote:

> Here is an image that came out of a discussion in our Thrursday night
> POV-Ray chat on AOL. The idea was to obtain a subsurface scattering
> effect without using media, just to see if it could be done. While far
> from perfect, this method shows promise, but is very slow.

Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom