POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HCR-Edit focal blur example #2 (78k) : Re: HCR-Edit focal blur example #2 (78k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HCR-Edit focal blur example #2 (78k)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 30 Jun 2002 13:58:44
Message: <3D1F46CF.90302@caltel.com>
That looks better, Christoph. For some reason it still has a little bit
of a soft feel near the intermediate parts of the blur effect. It seems
to diminish the realism present in pov's focal blur.

Do you feed HCR-Edit a grayscale map with a gradient laying along the
z-axis of the scene for it to get the focusing right?

Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I implemented variable blur radius and improved speed by precalculating
> spline values.
>
> This picture uses a maximum radius of 15.
>
> Christoph

Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom