POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV editor for Linux : Re: POV editor for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV editor for Linux
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 27 Jun 2002 08:56:13
Message: <3D1AFE74.EE69B04C@frege.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
> > - if i maximize the main window on the right side 5 pixels are missing.
>
> I noticed this with other programs. I don't know how it's possible to fix
> it, but maybe it's just the window manager's fault (I'm using KDE).

I do not know about Pyvon (sorry, Fabien, I am content with emacs).
I did encounter the phenomenon (I won't call it a problem) with, e.g.,
emacs. I think the cause is that if emacs uses a font of width, say 16,
the window frame is 5 pixels and the resolution is 1280, then emacs will
have a textwidth of (1280-2*5)/16=79.375 characters. As fractional
characters do not make sense, a maximized emacs uses a textwidth
of 79, resulting in a window width of 16*79+2*5=1274 pixels.
Hence there are 6 ,,missing'' pixels.
It's not an error, it's the best compromise.

  Mark Weyer