POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Seas Barracuda at sunset [131 kbbu] : Re: Black Seas Barracuda at sunset [131 kbbu] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Seas Barracuda at sunset [131 kbbu]
From: David Fontaine
Date: 26 Jun 2002 23:38:21
Message: <3D1A89F6.6030308@faricy.net>
Samuel Benge wrote:

 > I like this scene. Even though I never owned any of the ship sets,
 > it  reminds me of when I was a small child living in the desert
 > playing with  Legos. Your scene has a very warm feeling to it.

Thnaks, I was going for a warm feel. :)

Sadly, the pirate and castle Legos have pretty much gone out of
existence.  They still make pirate and castle sets of course, but
overall, Lego sets are tending to become smaller and smaller, and the
big ones these days have a lot of special oversize parts that are only
good for one thing.  Stupid Lego trying to maxamize profits by making
non-reusable sets.  I think they could do a lot better if they went back
to the old style sets, 'cuz certain people would buy dozens of them just
for the parts.  Besides, who wants to play with the crap they're making
now?  Is it any wonder they're losing profits?  </rant>

--
  | \     |_         website: http://davidf.faricy.net/
  |_/avid |ontaine           email: <dav### [at] faricynet>