POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ifs-based leaves (87.9k) : Re: ifs-based leaves (87.9k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ifs-based leaves (87.9k)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Jun 2002 23:37:32
Message: <3D17E572.6000101@caltel.com>
Okay, Netscape pulled a fast one here... I did have text with that image!
Anyways... playing with The Gimp I found the wonderful IFS Composer. I
decided to try any make leaves out of the resulting image. Isosurfaces
were too slow, so I tried intersecting a sphere with a height_field
created with the IFS image. Here is the result my efforts. The leaf
branches have too little detail, but I think it's a fairly good start.
It takes very little time to render when no aa and area_lights are used.
I used both here. Questions, comments?

Samuel Benge wrote:

Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom