POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg) : Re: double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 22 Jun 2002 12:00:03
Message: <3D149EFD.5060002@caltel.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> One thing that i'm missing about double_illuminate is a possibility to
> diminish the amount of light from the back surface, something like an
> additional float parameter between 0 and 1. Of course for such scenes
> where only the back side is visible there is no need for it.

I'm with you there. Even more than that, there should be optional
double_illuminate keywords for texture_maps so you could make, for
example, realistic leaves. You could simulate the effect of variable
thickness on a very minute scale without having to use impossible media
settings.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom