POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg) : Re: double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: double_illumination + radiosity (37.2kb jpg)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jun 2002 03:44:45
Message: <3D142AEC.D21A5347@gmx.de>
Samuel Benge wrote:

> I'm glad that POV 3.5 now supports radiosity interaction with double
> illumination. When MegaPOV came out with it's double_illumination
> keyword, I tried a similar experiement with no apparent effects from the
> radiosity.
> This is just a simple test of this interaction involving a barn made
> from wood beams and fiberglass panels. Sun shines past a tall box
> casting partial light onto the barn, thus simulating scattered light inside.
> Questions, Comments?

Very neat, i never thought the effect could be that realistic.

One thing that i'm missing about double_illuminate is a possibility to
diminish the amount of light from the back surface, something like an
additional float parameter between 0 and 1. Of course for such scenes
where only the back side is visible there is no need for it.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 14 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______