POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another double_illumination + radiosity test (lamp.jpg 36kb) : Re: another double_illumination + radiosity test (lamp.jpg 36kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another double_illumination + radiosity test (lamp.jpg 36kb)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 22 Jun 2002 01:11:03
Message: <3D1406E3.8040008@caltel.com>
David Fontaine wrote:

> That's pretty good, except I think that bright triangle on the shade
> isn't entirely realistic.  Of course, it depends on the shade material,
> but I would expect enough scattering to make the shade more uniformly
> bright.  After all, isn't that the point of them?

Actually, the specular finish was originally intended to give the
impression of light leaking through tiny holes. A more realistic
approach for that would have been to make the highlight strech from the
top of the shade to the bottom... could be faked using a normal I guess.

--
Samuel Benge

sbe### [at] caltelcom