POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First encounter - A rubber duck story : Re: First encounter - A rubber duck story Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First encounter - A rubber duck story
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 18 Jun 2002 19:49:16
Message: <3D0FC6C2.4040502@videotron.ca>
sylvain.louret wrote:
> Hi there ! This is my first image posted to that group. I am not very
> familiar with newsgroups (and that's being far from reality...), so I
> hope everything will work out fine.

Try posting smaller images in the future.  Personally, I don't mind as
I'm on cable, but some of the people in the slow-lane might.

> OK, here is one of my first pics
> (might be the fifth or sixth though) using POV. That's only simple
> primitives (torus, plane, boxes, blobs) except for the ducks beaks and
> legs. Lighting is very basic and there is no radiosity as I still don't
> quite understand how it works. Comments and critics appreciated !

Very nice.  Technically simple, yet efficient.  On the creative side, I
don't know what you're smoking, but whatever it is, don't stop.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a orthographic}