POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pocket Knife on Balcony : Re: Pocket Knife on Balcony Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pocket Knife on Balcony
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Jun 2002 11:42:10
Message: <3D0E0352.2A547C44@gmx.de>
Bonsai wrote:

> As said this morning I've put my pocket knife in the balcony scene from
> scenes/advanced/balcony that comes with POV-Ray.

Interesting, i never rendered such a closeup of that scene.  The quilted
normal from the table cloth really does not look very good at short
distance... ;-)

Is that glass the original one?

> This time I used T_Chrome_1C from metals.inc for the blades and the cork
> screw. But unfortunately the ceiling above the table is mostly dark.
> That's why it looks so odd.

Have you tried the texture from the metal box in the original version?

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 14 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______