POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pocket Knife : Re: Pocket Knife Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pocket Knife
From: Bonsai
Date: 14 Jun 2002 03:06:06
Message: <3D099582.1060904@b0n541.net>
Batronyx wrote:
> I think the modelling is excellent.

Thanks.

> I agree the blades look kind of flat but if
> you're using the same metal texture there as you have for the corkscrew, then
> its probably your lighting, or maybe you just need a really bright full ambient
> object to reflect on the blade edges so they glint a little.

I used T_Chrome_3E from metals.inc in my first post. I think it was too
reflective. The attached image is a short test rendering that uses
T_Chrome_3C. I changed the texture of the surrounding box to a sky
texture. The blades look a bit better now. The original scene has a box
of photos of my flat around the knife to simulate a real environment.
But the ceiling is almost white so there was nothing notable to reflect.

Now I'm testing my knife in the scene balcony.pov from
scenes/advanced/balcony/ but this will last a while. I'll post the
result when it's done...

So long,

Bonsai

--