POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grapes wip update : Re: grapes wip update Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grapes wip update
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 Jun 2002 22:04:03
Message: <3D07FE5E.8E7F4A0F@aol.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   Really nice. Only the problem about that solid aspect... can't you apply
> some kind of faked subsurface scattering? I think it's the only detail
> missing: perfect for the rest!

Thankyou...
believe it or not, the whole thing began when I wanted to play with the
"subscattering"
code others had posted:

#declare m_red_grape = material {

        #declare Color= rgb <.50,.15,.11>;

        #declare factor= 1.25;
        texture {       //create veining
                        pigment { radial frequency 80 turbulence .25
                                         color_map {
                                           [0.00 rgb Color/1  ]
                                           [0.07 rgb Color/1  ]
                                           [0.08 rgb Clear  ]
                                           [0.92 rgb Clear  ]
                                           [0.93 rgb Color/1  ]
                                           [1.00 rgb Color/1  ]
                                         }
                        }
                        finish { specular .05
                                 diffuse .7
                                 roughness .02
                                 reflection 0
                        }
        }
        texture {     //create darkening toward the end of grape
                        pigment { gradient y scale 14
                              color_map {
                                [0.0  rgb <.30,.1,.85>*Color transmit .10 ]
                                [1.0  rgb <.30,.2,.65>*Color transmit .70 ]

                              }
                              translate y*7
                        }
                        finish { specular .05
                                 diffuse .7
                                 roughness .02
                                 reflection 0
                        }

        }
        texture {       //bloom on skin of grape
                            pigment { dents scale 1.5 rotate 10 pigment_map {
                                [ 0 rgb Clear ]
                                [ .10 rgb Clear ]
                                [ .49 LightBlue transmit .97 ]
                                [ .51 LightBlue transmit .97 ]
                                [ .90 rgb Clear ][ 1 rgb Clear ]  }  }

                        finish { specular .05
                                 diffuse .7
                                 roughness .2
                                 reflection 0
                        }

        }
        texture {       //bloom on skin of grape
                            pigment { dents scale 1 pigment_map {
                                [ 0 rgb Clear ]
                                [ .10 rgb Clear ]
                                [ .49 LightBlue transmit .97 ]
                                [ .51 LightBlue transmit .97 ]
                                [ .90 rgb Clear ][ 1 rgb Clear ]  }  }

                        finish { specular .05
                                 diffuse .7
                                 roughness .2
                                 reflection 0
                        }

        }
        texture {    //bloom on skin
                        pigment { dents scale .5 pigment_map {
                            [ 0 rgb Clear ]
                            [ .10 rgb Clear ]
                            [ .5 LightBlue transmit .99 ]
                            [ .90 rgb Clear ][ 1 rgb Clear ]  }  }

                        finish { specular .05
                                 diffuse .7
                                 roughness .2
                                 reflection 0
                        }
        }
        interior {

                media {

                         //scattering { 1, (1-Color)*factor extinction
1/factor }
                         scattering { 1, Color*factor extinction 1/factor }
                         absorption rgb (1-Color)*factor
                         emission Color*factor

                         intervals 1
                         samples 5