POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pocket Knife : Re: Pocket Knife Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pocket Knife
From: Bonsai
Date: 12 Jun 2002 05:07:14
Message: <3D070EE8.40209@b0n541.net>
> Some really good modelling, but the metal texture looks more like plastic,
> so have a dig around there's some good metals in the pov include files, or
> have a play yourself.

Thanks. I used a texture from metals.inc. Maybe my environment is not
good enough to let it look like metal. The top of the box around the
knife is mostly white. And the lightening might be wrong.

> It looks brand new at the moment, so try to tarnish
> the metal a bit and give it a few scratches and maybe even an oilly finger
> print on the red section somewhere.

It was ment to look brand new for the logo. The used look will be
definitely better if i use the knife again in an other scene. I'll play
a bit with the textures...

So long,

Bonsai

--