POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dice : Re: Dice Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dice
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 9 Jun 2002 04:54:51
Message: <3D031823.5000406@my.email.address>
Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't have a real dice next to me to compare my model, but
> I think my model is not too far away from a real one.

Dice undoubtedly comes im many shapes, but the ones I've got has the
corners cut off, to make them roll better, so the faces are actually
circular, as you can see in the attached image. In pov-speak it's an
intersection of a box and a sphere.

The colour is yellowish, to simulate ivory, and the pips are shiny, so
you get little highlights in each pip.

/Ib

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: