POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fixed shadows FINAL : Re: Fixed shadows FINAL Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fixed shadows FINAL
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 8 Jun 2002 16:14:08
Message: <3D0265AC.71BAD9AB@luxlab.com>
Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto wrote:

> I added a bit of noise to the image to give it a more "photo" look.

I found that adding Gaussian noise individually to each channel
and twice as much to blue channel duplicated quite accurately
noise in a couple of 6000dpi slide scans. Blue channel is more noisy
in all imaging systems. I scale up the image, add noise, blur a little
to prevent noise aliasing, scale down and mix with original.

Was fresnel and conserve_energy used?

Kari Kivisalo