POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Matrix-Effect with PartixGen... (466kb, MPG) : Re: Matrix-Effect with PartixGen... (466kb, MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrix-Effect with PartixGen... (466kb, MPG)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Jun 2002 04:23:02
Message: <3CFDCA56.62AB98A1@gmx.de>
Slime wrote:

> That's beautiful! *Very* pretty.

Thank you!

> Two things strike me as odd or needing improvement:
>
> 1. when time speeds up after the slowdown, it seems to speed up too slowly.
> If you're going for the matrix effect, I'd have it return to normal speed
> over a *much* shorter period of real time.

I would be easy to do that, but I like it the way it is, at least for this
animation. Perhaps I'll do another, moe complicated one sometime.

> 2. The smoke trail disappears too quickly, IMO. I think the clouds need to
> become larger and more invisible before fading away so quickly, otherwise it
> creates a strange effect when they disappear at the same speed and direction
> as they appeared in. Maybe you preferred this way to avoid long render
> times.

You're right, it prevented long render times (though they are long anyways),
but I'll tweak it and try to achieve something better. I don't like that
ugly trailing effect (when particles disappear as they've come) either.

Thanks for your suggestions!

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde