POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: Pyvon Linux editor : Re: Pyvon Linux editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon Linux editor
From: Fabien HENON
Date: 29 May 2002 16:50:17
Message: <3CF53D93.8010200@caramail.com>

> I like the improvements, but get the following command line error:
>
> Exception in Tkinter callback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1292, in __call__
>     return apply(self.func, args)
>   File "./pyvon.py", line 1289, in Backspace
>     self.fontify()
>   File "./pyvon.py", line 774, in fontify
>     pos_actu=str(string.join((Ligne, column),'.')) # 1.7
> NameError: global name 'Ligne' is not defined
>
> This error only happened on the first run.
>
> There are problems with the barcket/block highlighting, the braces stay
> highlighted even when I move the cursor to a different block and start
> working there, I don't like having to turn this highlighting off manually.
It's a bug I have with Linux (and not windows). I just wanted to
highlight the brace for half a second or so, and then go back to its
original state. As Linux is my main priority, I'll leave as it is for
the time being.

> I'd also like it to remember
> the scene I was last working on and open it automatically, or at least
> remember which directory it was in and open the file selector in that
> directory as default.

I have fixed that today. It now remembers which directory was open the
last time.

> The key combinations that you have chosen for editing will be confusing
> for windows users, they're confusing enough to me.
Which one do you find confusing?
I tried to create the same key combinations as in Windows.

> When text has been marked it changes colour and for some reason remains
> that new (random) colour.
That's why I've added the force syntax coloring option (until the
highlighting works fine).

> And why won't the window maximise to the full size of the screen?
I don't know the Tkinter command for that (yet).

> If you get stuck for a web page I could put it on one of my pages, it's
> only a small binary at the moment, it'd fit quite nicely next to PovMenu,
> you could have a screen shot too.
Thanks for the offer. How often are you ready to update your web page ?

> Hope some of this helps.
Yes it does. Thanks for your comments.

Fabien