POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: Pyvon Linux editor : Re: Pyvon Linux editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon Linux editor
From: Fabien
Date: 29 May 2002 16:50:14
Message: <3CF53B0D.4050809@caramail.com>
> So perhaps in future it will be project,
> inovolving many people? In such case having consistent naming and style
> ensures better readability of code (which is important thing for
> maintenance and further development).
You mean that the code is not clean and messy ?
You are quite right. There is a thing that I definitely have to do, but
in the end only, is to clean everything up and split the main file into
several 'include' files.
For the time being, I spend a lot of time adding and debugging new
features. And it takes a loooong time as I knew nothing of Python in
November last year. That's why I still do newbie mistakes.

> Anyway, keep up good work! So far I've used under Linux midnight
> commander for POV-Ray development (can't stand Emacs!), but seems, that
> these days will be gone soon :-)
It's good to know that I have converted someone and that Emacs does not
suit everybody's needs.

> BTW, if you intend to post your further versions to p.b.u., then perhaps
> it would be better to cancel older versions (to avoid unnecessary server
> space consuming and possible use of older versions by someone?)
The best is a web page from which to download. I've already got a few
proposals