POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Birth-Field Rotation adds Inertia... (312kb MPG) : Re: Birth-Field Rotation adds Inertia... (312kb MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Birth-Field Rotation adds Inertia... (312kb MPG)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 29 May 2002 00:43:11
Message: <3CF45C32.53E7148D@yahoo.com.au>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> Slime wrote:
>
> > Woah... you made a particle system animation loop? Impressive.
>
> What you probably don't know: The System is non-I/O,
> so looping isn't that difficult...

Looping animations with particle systems is no harder than looping animations
without any sort of particle system. You just have to make sure your particle
emitter behaves the same way at the start and end of the loop, and that you
calculate a full loop's worth of particles for the first frame.

Whether you are using an I/O basis for your particle system or not does not make
things more difficult, in my opinion.

MJL