POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG) : Re: Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magic Beam 2 (169kb MPG)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 May 2002 17:41:21
Message: <3CF2A7EC.9A42A012@gmx.de>

> That looks nice!

Thanks!

> Hey, since you're also a beta tester of the particle system that I have
> made, maybe you could try to recreate this animation using my particle
> system? :)
>
> It doesn't look like there's anything in it that my system can't do. I
> can understand if you don't want to do it, but if you would, I would
> appreciate it.

Right now, its more a matter of time than of willing or not willing to do.
I'm getting itchy fingers to move on to something new, but don't want
to abandon the particle-system. I need to add some more stuff (like
an algorithm for inertia of spinning birth-fields) and do some
error-seeking.
I also want to create a heavily commented version of the system for
myself, in case I want to update it sometime later...
Right now, the system is 158kb pov-sdl, so thats a lot of code to work
through...

> > And if someone has a good idea how I could
> > demonstrate the possibility of slowing down/ stopping /
> > rewinding the animation internally (not by using frames
> > backwords I mean)... Give it a shot!
>
> Yeah, that's what my system can't do. I'll look forward to see that
> effect. :)
>
> Look half way though the animation you posted. Right there, quickly slow
> it down to a stop. While the time is stopped, rotate the camera around
> the effect about 360 degrees. Then start the time again and let it run
> to the end at normal speed. :)
> Your basic matrix effect... ;)

Hm. Matrix effect... I'll think about it. But actually doing something with
rewind is something I/O systems cannot handle very well, a time-freeze
could be done just with stopping I/O routines for a few frames...

But a Matrix-Effect should be in there nontheless... ;)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde