POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading gray levels : Re: reading gray levels Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading gray levels
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 May 2002 12:38:29
Message: <3CF26105.A4D2C312@gmx.de>
Dennis Borree wrote:

> Is there an easier way to read the gray levels of the pixels in a gray level
> bit mapped image other than using the eyedropper in in an imaging software
> program? I am trying to use the gray level data to manipulate my images in
> POV.
> Is there a reader that will give me the levels or change them to another
> format that I can manipulate?

I'm not sure what you want to do, but you can find out the color of a
pigment (including image_maps) in POV-Ray using the eval_pigment() macro
from functions.inc.  If you want to write image data from inside a
POV-Script you can use an ASCII based file format like PGM/PBM and the
#write function.

If this is not what you meant please clarify your question.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______