POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k) : Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ball simulation 2 (2x500k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 May 2002 15:11:49
Message: <3CE4046F.E6F185BC@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> [...]
>
> What I meant before is if you're using textbook values for forces, but then
> applying the forces frame by frame instead of some kind of integration over
> time, then you will not mirror reality, and you'll have to change your
> values from those in the textbook.

I am fairly sure the calculations are quite correct mathematically.  Just
to clarify, i'm using 33 integration steps per frame with 0.00111 seconds
per step wich should give real time results with 30 fps.

I made another version showing better the lack of surface tension and how
drag in water works, this time without the water movement.  The balls are
only slightly heavier than water.

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/files/ball_sim4.mpg

Christoph

--