POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering : Re: 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1st Attempt : Subsurface scattering
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 15 May 2002 17:20:31
Message: <3CE2D0FE.C99FF032@gmx.de>
As always with dark images...

-Best viewed with black background in a dark room

This discussion has been on and about these newsgroups for
a very long time.

Facts are:
1.I only know how the image looks on my screen, I can
   hardly predict how it will look on yours.
2. I tend to work on my PC, not yours.

I know that dark images sometimes cannot be seen by others.
But you'd get no different image-quality if I'd adjusted the
brightness of the image. In cases like these, I'd say:
"Lets post some source!" But meshes sometimes
are too large for that.

Though it might seem like I'm being satiric, I actually
mean that I'm sorry that you cannot view the image.
But it really is not my fault, and as mentioned above, I
cannot just adjust by chance...

Perhaps we begin a thread on general to discuss matters
of posting images and how to best adjust an image for
others to view. Or how to adjust them yourself. Something
like that.

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde