POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Feature question : Feature question Server Time
22 May 2024 23:51:44 EDT (-0400)
  Feature question
From: Tom Stone
Date: 15 May 2002 05:01:35
Message: <3CE223E5.ACBA1AE@swipnet.se>
Before you jump on me, notice that I wrote "question" and not "request"
:-)

I use POV-ray a lot for doing illustrations that are going to be
printed. And I'm using the metric system.

That means that if I want to do a 16 centimeter wide image at 300 dpi, I
have to convert the centimeters into inches, and then multiply with 300,
to get the correct size in pixels.

Would it be very complicated to make a dialogue in POV-ray, where the
dimensions in centimeters and the dpi could be entered, and have the
computer calculate the proper dimensions in pixels?

This is not a very important question, it would just be a nice touch to
the interface, so ignore it if it seems stupid.

Tom Stone