POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Title graphic : Re: Title graphic Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Title graphic
From: Tom Stone
Date: 15 May 2002 04:35:41
Message: <3CE21DD3.8EAAA27C@swipnet.se>
Slime wrote:

> A very good, simple image. I see no flaws. Nice lighting especially; the
> wood texture could use some work, perhaps.

Yes, there's a lot that could have been done better. Deadlines, you know...
Thanks for the kind words.

> I would like to know how to convert illustrator vector graphics to pov, this
> sounds very helpful.

The converter can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Galaxy/8018/epstopov/epstopov.html

It is a Hypercard stack, which means that you need a Mac to run it. However,
the hypercard script is on the same page, so I guess that a programmer would be
able to extrapolate the necessary information from that script and make a
similar converter for PC's.

Tom Stone