POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test 2 (378kbu)
From: Lawrence Winstead
Date: 14 May 2002 10:05:58
Message: <3CE119C0.60BCAEC0@duratechindustries.net>
As a smoker, I can say that this second animation looks very realistic.
True, a greater thinning and spreading out at the top would be even more
realistic, but its damn good now!

However, one little tweak:  (at least on my cigarettes) the smoke starts out
looking like straightened double-helix; thickness on either side and thinner
in the middle. I don't know if this is possible to do, but after looking
closely, that's what it looks like.  :)

Anyway, keep up the awesome work!

-Law