POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) : Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cigarette Smoke Test (304kbu)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 13 May 2002 16:35:14
Message: <3CE0232D.7896A6B9@onwijs.com>
Rune wrote:

> Anyway, I wonder what it is that causes the turbulence to happen in such
> a sudden way...
>
> Rune
> --

Probably inversion, a layer of warm air on top of a colder
layer.

Nice animation BTW, Rune but my first reaction is similar to
Bill's; it would be great if you could see the nice little
'curlies' you see in incense (haven't looked at cigarette smoke
very closely). I have no idea how you would get this effect, but
I'm impressed already.

Remco