POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another glass of water (7+21 Kb) : Re: Another glass of water (7+21 Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another glass of water (7+21 Kb)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 11 May 2002 08:09:59
Message: <3CDD0AD1.12503FE5@unforgettable.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> this test. I was trying to see if my lighting macro worked fine with glass
> and photons, and casually I also intended to obtain well balanced images,
> without the need of external postprocessing. Not for "purism", but rather
> to have it achieved on one pass: I'm lazy, do you remember? :)

I look forward to the completion and release of your lighting macro (you
ARE releasing it eventually, right..?).

One flaw I notice in the second pic is that the focal blur and change in
contrast makes the glass appear to be pasted on top of the background;
it also has a uniformly faint shadow that might account for the illusion
as well.

-Xplo