POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : A small change request prior to the release of the POV 3.5 final : Re: A small change request prior to the release of the POV 3.5 final Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small change request prior to the release of the POV 3.5 final
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 May 2002 12:04:43
Message: <3CDBEF99.39EEB635@gmx.de>
Michael Goldshteyn wrote:

> [...], the last line must also be
> calculated in PPS, even though the last ten lines or so are taking much
> longer to trace than the entire scene up to that point, because I have hit a
> slow tracing glass object in the middle of the scene. The point is that the
> last line units should be separate from the average units for the entire
> scene.

Ah, so you don't mean the actual PPS display, but the part added to the
render status display during slow renders.

This is always displayed in PPS, but i don't find that information very
useful anyway because it arbitrarily chooses a line to average the speed.
If you have a scene with a slow vertical structure this is fairly
worthless information.  I personally would prefer a display of the time
needed for the last pixel (of course only calculated for slow renders)

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______