POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grapes with interior and media -[ 16.7 Kb ] : Re: grapes with interior and media -[ 16.7 Kb ] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:09:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grapes with interior and media -[ 16.7 Kb ]
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 8 May 2002 20:26:33
Message: <3CD9C238.5442F21@iki.fi>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Modelled in sPatch.  The grapes have material descriptions which
> combine surface textures (bozo, dents , and gradient) and interior
> media ( radial density with turbulence). With +a0.1 and two 4x4
> area lights, render took 4.5 hours on a Athlon 2000+

Very nice.

As others said, there is still something in them that makes then
CGish... One thing might be the highlights that look like ray-traced
ones. Making them less regular and propably doing them with blurred
reflection could help, but also increase render time.

Another thing is the white/grey marks on grapes: I think they're shape
is not very natural, they look like straight from bozo.

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/