POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Newbie - First post : Re: Newbie - First post Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie - First post
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 4 May 2002 07:19:06
Message: <3CD3C37B.E2BE20F5@gmx.de>
POV-Ray 3.5 (now running with Release Candidates)
has advanced variable reflection options. Exponentiation
is one of them. It basically reflects brighter object
better than darker ones. In my Gallery, there is one
image of a golden cube. The sphere it reflects has
an rgb of 8, the exponential reflection of .6. Thus,
the bright sphere is reflected pretty well, though
the surrounding room is not (too dark).
Radiosity images have the problem of calculating
specular highlighting, so exponential reflection,
which is actually the most realistic specular highlighting
I know of, is the best way to go in such a case. But
do note that in a radiosity based image, objects
with high rgb/ambient become lightsources...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde