POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Very early stages yet (48kb bu) : Re: Very early stages yet (48kb bu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very early stages yet (48kb bu)
From: Dearmad
Date: 3 May 2002 00:28:14
Message: <3CD2132C.4B59CED@applesnake.net>
Uh, not to be contrary to the artist, but it *is* properly
textured.  Learn to recognize what you have.  Look at it, man.
It's beautiful.  It's Greece, or a fantasy of ancient sun-loved
lands.  If you make those banisters into wood, or the pillars
into cliche-ridden raytraced marble, it will suck the life and
beauty from this sun-filled image.

What object could you possible add to it that would *add* to the
image?

And the level adjusted image in this thread is not an improvement
over the subtlety of contrast between light and shadow in the
original.

IMO.

-peter

--