POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Red sky in the morning - RC3 sky_sphere bug : Red sky in the morning - RC3 sky_sphere bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Red sky in the morning - RC3 sky_sphere bug
From: Tom A
Date: 1 May 2002 14:58:02
Message: <3CD03ABA.99EB4767@my-deja.com>
Beta RC3

Machines
Win NT on 450mh w/ aprox 400 MB of memory

Re-rendering a picture that worked fine on Beta 16, the sky was all red
instead of blue with white clouds.
Cutting out everything except what seems to be the problem the code is
this:

#local w=rgb.7;
camera{location<0,2,-5>}
light_source{y*99 1}
plane{y,0 pigment{ w*y }} // change the 0 to some other value 1, -1, and
the sky is OK
#local V=w*z;

sky_sphere
{ pigment
  { granite
    color_map
    { [.4 w*z]  // replace w*z with variable V and the sky is OK
      [1 w+w]
    }
  }
}
#warning concat("<",str(w.x,5,3),", ",str(w.y,5,3),",
",str(w.z,5,3),">\n")
#warning concat("<",str(V.x,5,3),", ",str(V.y,5,3),",
",str(V.z,5,3),">\n")

The warnings show the values for w and V are correct.

If I change the offset parameter of the plane (zero), the sky works
fine.  Change it to
  plane{y, -0 pigment{ w*y }}
and it works fine.

If I use a variable set to w*z (eg. V)  instead of having the
multiplication in line, then the sky works fine.

Thank you.

--
Tom A.
There's nothing like cooking and eating outside, unless you like