POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 30 Apr 2002 13:01:00
Message: <3CCECD8E.F2A6BE7D@gmx.de>
I've got no "easy article" to begin with.

But just think about it. What is there to a particle
program? You need particles, definetely. They move
around, so you'll need to know their positions, keep
track of their speed. Some way of detecting collisions
with other objects (using trace(), probably, or 3D-algorithms
with input from user). You'd probably head for I/O on
a frame by frame basis, so there is a need for Output
and Input from and to disk.

I came up with my version of a particle-system about a
year ago, and its non I/O. Some animations can be found
on my webpage (recently added a new one), but I guess
many people know this already (I mean that I've done
a P.-S., not the animation).

But for mass-particle and such, you can probably find some
PDF files floating in the web, mostly scientific and not
"easy-rating"...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde