POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cell Shader: my try : Re: Cell Shader: my try Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cell Shader: my try
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 29 Apr 2002 15:47:25
Message: <3CCDA3B4.7090403@comtrade.ee>
Nice. Did you 'invented' this shader by yourself? ARM book contains
examples of such shaders. Unfortunately most advanced of them can't be
applied to POVMan, as POVMan doesn't support surface derivatives, which
are necessary for calculation of cel lines with uniform width. As it
could be seen on this picture and other 'pure-povray' approaches, line
widths depend from object geometry. Perhaps better results could be
achieved with specific patch by J. Grimbert, but this requires as well
surface derivative calculation...