POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gerbera - Ninth Composition : Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Apr 2002 06:39:11
Message: <3CCA7FA3.840066E2@gmx.de>
Ah, well, then it wouldn't look like real glass anymore, would it?

I am thankful for your experiments, but rather than having you send me
your mesh2 object, I'd like to know what exactly the problems are
with the mesh.
I think I can overcome the not-closed problem with some vector-
copy-pasting, shouldn't be too hard to implement into the macros. Would
be an enhancement, I guess then the macros would be doing the job
they are supposed to (merging meshes, attaching new ones etc).

The pinholes can probably be overcome with another macro not
included into the version I gave you, which I use for creating the surface
of the water: it takes one line of the mesh and connects all those to
a single point. Making either the pinholes larger and using that, or just
keeping the small pinholes, would probably do the job.
Where did the inside intersect with the outside? I did some trials,
and found no intersection (though I may not have looked closely enough),
but that could be the possibility on the bottom, the algorithm used
there doesn't fit the exact needs of being not-intersecting there...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde