POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth patch : Re: Smooth patch Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth patch
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 23 Apr 2002 15:03:52
Message: <3CC5AFE2.4EEF7D51@hotmail.com>
Shay, when you say 'dividing a buckey into "pies"
one time', do you mean that you start with a
Buckyball (i.e. a Buckminsterfullerene) ?

If so, then I think that this is a quite interesting
test, as I am quite fond of those.

The pentagons and the hexagons of a Buckyballs are
easily dividable into "pies". So such a sphere mesh
would consist of 12*5 + 20*6 = 180 triangles,
wouldn't it ?

Can you please post images that shows the results
of this test ?

Tor Olav

Btw.:

How did the initial grid for the shape to the right
in your attached image look like (before subdivision) ?

24 "quads" ?