POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Moving fractal tree : Re: Moving fractal tree Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moving fractal tree
From: r n f vossen
Date: 23 Apr 2002 05:14:22
Message: <3CC52523.4377034C@kub.nl>
Hi Hugo

Thank you for your comments.

I used the PERL programming language to write some programs to generate POVRAY
code.
This makes it possible for me to 'put things on top of eachother'
That is: each sphere/cone is placed and rotated relative to another one.
I only have to specify the absolute location of the base cone.
and all the rest will be computed.

Disregarding the white spheres, the tree is build out of cones and spheres put
on top of each other.
Initially each sphere rests on the edge of a cone, and each next cone rests on
both the sphere and
the cone below it.

The idea is that when the spheres move from the edge of the cones
into the tree, the cones get more tilted and the tree bends.

As for a dancing tree: it is already in the making

Regards,
             Rob