POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : universal filler : Re: universal filler Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: universal filler
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Apr 2002 12:00:08
Message: <3CC43386.A965B565@gmx.de>

> Inspired by recently posted spheres I started easy (I hope), flexible and
> universal macro for placing objects. On attached image I placed 100 randomly
> generated primitives inside rotated povlogo. I took 35 minutes on PII 233. It
> was started with .001 accuracy - it means that deep if intersections for
> placed objects is no more .001 unit. Any finite solid object can be placed.
> Things like stone walls or stack of matches can be done I think. Of course it
> requires CPU a lot but internally it works with functions to remove influence
> of slow parsing. I have started more packed version yesterday (1000 objects in
> the same povlogo) but still parses. Any comments ?

Interesting, but since you mentioned a stack of matches, does it correctly
simulate the effects of gravity and collision of the objects? I presume
not since this would require a lot of quite difficult calculations and
won't work without tessellation for complicated objects.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 20 Apr. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______