POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract - focal blur etc.. v2 (46k) : Re: Abstract - focal blur etc.. v2 (46k) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract - focal blur etc.. v2 (46k)
From: John Haiducek
Date: 17 Apr 2002 18:19:44
Message: <3CBDF500.9010108@umich.edu>
I suggest post processing. I don't know if MegaPOV's post-process will
do it without trouble, but you can certainly do it with Photoshop or GIMP.

If you must use POV, you could probably render the image without
blurring and then create a new image that does the blurring on an
image_map. Perhaps you could map it onto a paraboloid or cone, then blur
with focal blurring. Or, even better, you could do something with the
"average" pattern.

John Haiducek