POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I print a vector to the screen? : Re: How can I print a vector to the screen? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I print a vector to the screen?
From: Sebastian H
Date: 15 Apr 2002 15:30:57
Message: <3CBB2AE9.80205@web.de>
Warp wrote:
> Sebastian H. <seb### [at] webde> wrote:
>
>>#macro v_string (V)
>>  concat ("<", str (V.x, 0, 4),", ", str (V.y, 0, 4),", ", str (V.z, 0,
>>4),">")
>>#end
>

>   Why not use vstr() instead?

You're right vstr() would be a better (!!?) solution but since this is a
new user group I thought it won't hurt to give an example of how to use
the concat () and str () which are very essencial in my thoughts (I use
them a lot).
(Beside I wrote this little macro just yesterday for myself and had
somwhere in mind that there exists a vstr () function which takes soooo
many args :-).)

Sebastian H.

(Oh dear, I have to improve my english...)