POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New blah blah blah : Re: New blah blah blah Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New blah blah blah
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 11 Apr 2002 11:13:25
Message: <3CB5A817.D309CEE0@scifi-fantasy.com>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" wrote:
> Very nice idea.  What would really enhance it is to add some ports,
> like cryovac stuff often has.  A couple of those tanks should have
> right angles short cylinders intersecting them and a plate bolted on
> with a viewport.

I want to add more whatsits and such, to increase the realism...but
I'd have to spend more time examining the photo of the CHL plant at
Fermilab to decide where to put pipes and valves.

> Oh, I know what just struck me about it- how do you get in or out
> of the clear cylinder? It should have an access point of some sort.

Observe thou the metal wheel which spins, thereby allowing the portal
upon the top of the chamber to be opened, thusly.

> The deckplate is great.  The center looks like it might be onion
> pattern and radial.

The centre is, in fact, discreet cylinder differences, posessing the
same texture as the rest of the plating.

> Oh, and now I see what is odd- the pipes that intersect the tanks
> just run right into them with no couplings.  There could be at
> least a manifold block of some sort.  That would increase the
> realism at least 50% over leading brands of simulated cloning/
> teleporting devices, heh heh.

I was thinking the same thing, but don't know what the coupling
should look like...

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com