POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New blah blah blah : Re: New blah blah blah Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New blah blah blah
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 11 Apr 2002 11:03:49
Message: <3CB5A5D6.50A3F858@scifi-fantasy.com>
Hugo wrote:
> I really like the metal bridges!  Just the big cylinders are so
> smooth, one could be confused of the scale and think the man in
> the bottle is a miniature.. The bridges save it! And blurred
> reflection? It's not very visible, I think.. And shadows would
> probably be softer in this enviroment..

Ack, completely forgot about area lights.  The mannequin in the
liquid-filled chamber is just a placeholder until I can re-figure
out how to import those darn Poser figures into Moray...it's
supposed to be a girl.  The blurred reflections are something
like 0.1 reflectivity, blurred, so basically don't show up at
all.

> But I would say, this could be either a laboratory generating
> aliens / men / women. In that case, more attention should be
> made on the green bottle since this is the "end product" of the
> whole room.. Or it's a cargo room and some person beams in /
> out.

This image is a significant rework of the image posted in
message "2001-07-15_Genomap.jpg [61 kb]" posted by myself
on 03 Oct 2001.  That image is probably closer to what I
had in mind, but wanted to change around some of the concept
a little.  (Image intended to be illustration for short bit
I wrote: http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com/e_text_nadia.html
[somewhat updated outliney thing at same place under 'junk.txt'])

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com